Before you leave on vacation:
- Make sure Cypress Home Security and the monitoring center has your vacation plans on file as well as the names of those people with access to your home while you are away. Call 832-220-9217, email us , or mail us a brief letter.
- Get a trusted friend or relative to house sit, or make sure your neighbors know your plans.
- Have a neighbor pick up your newspapers and mail for you, or stop service during the time you are away.
- Leave a car parked in the driveway, or ask a neighbor to park there.
- Use timers to turn lights on and off at certain times, altering lighting patterns.
- Arrange to have your lawn mowed.
- Replace any burned-out lights in your yard. Consider upgrading outdoor light fixtures with devices that have built-in motion detectors, which turn on the lights whenever anyone walks past.
- An unoccupied home–or one that appears to be unoccupied–is an appealing target to a burglar. You can alleviate some worries and make your time away from home more enjoyable if you take a few moments to safeguard your home.
To prevent crime:
- Always ask for identification: verify service personnel; fake uniforms are easy to rent or steal.
- Keep your valuables and important papers in a home safe.
- 65% of nonresidential burglaries occur during the nighttime. Here are a few of the things Cypress Home Security can help you do to safeguard your business/home when you’re not there:
- Install window locks that cannot be reached and unlocked after breaking the glass.
- Install motion detectors to sense movement inside the building.
- Install glass break sensors to detect the breaking of windows.
- Install a deadbolt lock.
Making the switch to Cypress Home Security – Most systems are compatible with Cypress Home Security. If you’d like to switch, we’ll send a qualified technician to your home or business to take care of you. It’s that easy.